So, after a fun bout on Facebook I decided to take this troubleshooting ticket on the road! Here's the scenario. You have two routers directly connected via a Serial connection. R1's is assigned IP address 10.1.1.1/24 and R2 is assigned 10.2.2.2/24. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, restore reach-ability between these two devices within the restrictions below. The results of your solution should closely match that of the attached picture.
- You may not modify the IP Address or subnet mask of any interface
- You may not create any new interfaces, or connect existing ones.
- You may not enable any routing protocol.
- Do not add any static routes.
- Your results should closely match the attached picture.
- Your solution should allow for running RIP over this connection in the future.
Check here for GNS3 files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_siZpm5m5eINkotYlZlUUVKaUk&usp=sharing